Tuff Wheel/Rimbow Installation Options

-

Jeffs73

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap e body 2 spoke wheel today for my duster. I was wondering where I can find an a-body adaptor/extension. Maybe a e-body crush can works? I have also seen a few people use the grant 3314 installation kit with no spacer. Also, I have seen grants spacer and dont really care for it. I would like the wheel a little closer to me then just using the installation kit. Any one have a recommendation? I havent seen one on ebay or one on here for sale. Im 15 and this is my first car so I cant spend a bunch of money.Please help me get steering again...:burnout:

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 308
E body Crush can works just fine and can be had WAY cheaper then a A body tuff wheel can I run an E body crush can on my 1974 swinger with a Grant Tuff Wheel, no problems it its about twice the size of the A body can I am only 5'6 so Im pretty short, and I have no problem with it!

E body Crush can works just fine and can be had WAY cheaper then a A body tuff wheel can I run an E body crush can on my 1974 swinger with a Grant Tuff Wheel, no problems it its about twice the size of the A body can I am only 5'6 so Im pretty short, and I have no problem with it!

I'm about the same height so it would work for me then. But if they are double the length then my dad at 6'3 would fit to good. I need to find someone with an a body one. And I have heard an 80s truck without tilt works too?

I have a Rimblow with adapter can I've had for sale for some time now with little interest. Maybe we can work out a deal?

I have a Rimblow with adapter can I've had for sale for some time now with little interest. Maybe we can work out a deal?

Interested in selling the adaptor? I would be very interested

I found out the expensive way that some of the factory adapters don't fit our "A" body cars. Bought one that looked like an "A" body adapter, but wouldn't fit the spline of the steering column. Not sure what vehicle it came off, maybe a truck.

Ended up buying another from a member here that personally removed it from an "A" body and it fit and worked fine on a 72 Dart. If I remember correctly the "A" body one had a small notch in the spline of the adapter. The one that didn't fit had no notch in the that area.

I found out the expensive way that some of the factory adapters don't fit our "A" body cars. Bought one that looked like an "A" body adapter, but wouldn't fit the spline of the steering column. Not sure what vehicle it came off, maybe a truck.

Ended up buying another from a member here that personally removed it from an "A" body and it fit and worked fine on a 72 Dart. If I remember correctly the "A" body one had a small notch in the spline of the adapter. The one that didn't fit had no notch in the that area.

Thanks for the knowledge. I definitely can't afford to buy the wrong one

-
Back