Tulsa-took the long way home!

-

dartjack

Reaction score
First off: we had a great time in Tulsa last saturday. Meeting real live FABO's was a pleasure. Some great looking Mopars and some fast ones too! Dart Doctor posted the photo of the five of us FABO's so I can't do that. Have some nice pics but haven't uploaded them yet.

It was a long journey to get there. We left Havelock,NC on Oct 7. Got home on Nov 6. It was a long overdue(and long) vacation that had been in the planning stages for 4 1/2 years. Met some great folks and saw lots of memorable sights. Had planned to see as many National Parks as possible. Gov shutdown the day after we left:( Saw most of them anyway. Stopped to see a couple of old friends along the way. One in Wisconsin and one in S. Dakota. Another in Kansas after Tulsa. Got to see a lot of the Rockies and retraced some of Rt. 66.

Got home and ready to sleep(Really SLEEP) in my own bed. My daughter called at 11pm to tell me she had wrecked her car on the way home from work. She lives in Burlington,NC. Made me feel guilty for not stopping by as we came through. She's only a couple of miles from our route home. BAD dad! Next morning I did the morning thing all guys do and stopped up the toilet. Two hours to to get things moving again. Payback for being a bad dad I guess.

It was great swapping stories and visiting with you! We had a good time at the track, but it only took us 1.5 hrs. to get home. If you need it, I'll loan you my plunger! :D

Heres that pic you was talking bout lol happy you guys made it him safe .... Sorry bout your kiddo crashin her car I hope shes ok .

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 90
She's ok. A little sore. Replacing car is being a kick in wallet though. Thanks.

sorry I missed u. u left the note on my truck wiper, didn`t see it till I drove off to leave. was a little dissapointed at the turn out tho. man, that`s a long haul from n.c. to tulsa and back. YOU MUST BE A VERIFIED MOPAR NUT!
so am I tho. got to meet as and bill, but that`s about it, spent a lot of time w/ my old partner on the hemi car.---------------bob:coffee2:

Checked out your truck several times. Sorry we couldn't eyeball. I was just checking in on FABO when I found out about Tulsa. It was good to see/hear/smell some nice Mopars again. I haven't for one reason or another been to any shows etc for a year or so.

-
Back