Turbine Bronze...pic anyone?

-

MsDux

Reaction score
It is so hard to find a picture on this color (MM1) online and I am trying hard to decide if this is the color I want to put on my 68 Barracuda. Anyone have a pic they can post of a car in this color? Any model would work as long as it is MM1. Thanks a bunch.

here you go

barracudas turbine bronze.jpg

Interesting add. I wasn't sure you could get seats with head rests in 68. But looking at the add I would have to say you could.

remember, back then, some of the things you saw in the brochures were inaccurate or unavailable that year.

I also have a 68 Formula S 340 that was originally turbine bronze. I bought a die cast model of the car that looks identical to the one in the add at the Walter P Chrysler museum a few years ago and would really like to put it back to that color if I ever restore it back to original looking some day. Mine is a fairly early build car which would explain no headrests.
Not to hijack but, were the red inner fenders an option as well? Did they have their own fender tag option code?

Interesting add. I wasn't sure you could get seats with head rests in 68. But looking at the add I would have to say you could.

From what I've read, you could even order just 1 headrest if you wanted!

I also have a 68 Formula S 340 that was originally turbine bronze. I bought a die cast model of the car that looks identical to the one in the add at the Walter P Chrysler museum a few years ago and would really like to put it back to that color if I ever restore it back to original looking some day. Mine is a fairly early build car which would explain no headrests.
Not to hijack but, were the red inner fenders an option as well? Did they have their own fender tag option code?

The red wheelhouse liners were an option on the 67-68-69 Barracuda coupe & fastback models. N/A on verts. As far as the fender tag, the option code should be a number 8 below the "w" on the 3rd line down from the top.:read2:

-
Back