Turbo Action

-

green1

Reaction score
We dropped off the core this AM. Talked to Paul Forte, he gave us a tour of the shop. Asked all kinds of questions; the man knows the answers. My friend with the tranny was talking to him, I was staring down 2 55 drums, with nothing but Mopar valve bodies in them. Paul noticed, and said" getting kind of scarce". What a clean, well thought out shop. wish I had taken the camera, benches of cut open torque convertors, headed to the machines.
2nd time I have talked to him and his wife in person, great, honest people.

Well i got my new torque converter in. So now its time to put that bad boy in.But i have never had a stall in the dart and when i read the instructions it says to make sure to push back towards the trans then pull forward against the flexplate and there should only be a min of 1/16 and a max 1/8 of movement. Is that right .I`m a painter/bug man. I know how to work on the cars and make them run ,but i didn`t no if this is anything different than the stock converter please help and sorry if this makes no sence

Well i got my new torque converter in. So now its time to put that bad boy in.But i have never had a stall in the dart and when i read the instructions it says to make sure to push back towards the trans then pull forward against the flexplate and there should only be a min of 1/16 and a max 1/8 of movement. Is that right .I`m a painter/bug man. I know how to work on the cars and make them run ,but i didn`t no if this is anything different than the stock converter please help and sorry if this makes no sence

That's correct and it's no different than a stock converter.

Push it in, should be 1/2" from the ring gear to the face of the case. When installed, pull the convertor forward to the flex. What I do is; put the trans upright, get the converter down thru 2 splines, and the ears, then bolt on a 1/8" strap across the front, with wood wedges against the face of the converter. Once on the jack, and almost home, then remove that stuff. It ain't hard for the converter to slide forward, while you are wrestling with it, under the car.
And spray paint 1 arm and the converter before installing, the flex plate only bolts on one way.

i've been using Turbo Action stuff since 1971...
shift kits, valve bodies, convertors, etc
wore one transmission out (14 years)
0 failures
Paul and Hallie are good folks

-
Back