turbo blue??

-

7duster4

Reaction score
A co-worker of mine today was raving about turbo blue. Said it makes his AMX run better than ever. What exactly is this fuel? Is it just high octane gas with a fancy name or is it really good stuff? He also said it smells good. Would it hurt anything to run it in my 9:1 318? Where would I find this stuff? I assume only certain gas stations sell it.

Thanks

around here turbo blue is like 110 or 108 octane leaded gas. For a 9:1 compression engine I believe it would be a waste. You probably do not need the extra octane to run

From their web page......

"Turbo Blue Racing Gasoline has the high energy content, smooth distillation range and low vapor pressure necessary for carbureted, fuel-injected, super charged and turbo charged racing engines. Ideal for compression rations up to 14:1. Turbo Blue contains tetraethyl lead (TEL) and is for off-road use only."

It would do nothing for you. With 9 to 1 you are good to go with pump gas.

Some may argue this but... You only need to run as good of a fuel as your engine calls for.

Race fuel with your compression would only make you have less money, not more speed.

Thanks for the quick replys. Currently I have been running the middle grade 89 octane. Now I know not to bother with the turbo blue.

Thanks

-
Back