Turbo quench

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Ok what is the optimal quench on a turbo build? Would .040 be beneficial or detrimental?

Just guessing but I,d say no good as that quench would likely be high compression. Not good for boosted .

Just guessing but I,d say no good as that quench would likely be high compression. Not good for boosted .

kinda guessing to but i think quench is supposed to be a great thing on any motor for how it controls the flame, yes?

if so you could get some really dished pistons to make up for it...

My Pistons in my TT SBM are -34.2 CC Dish. Compression is right at 9:1 my heads are 62cc. You could get rid of some dish with a Higher CC in the heads.

If I recall correctly my Pistons are in the hole about .012 and I used a .040 Cometic Gasket.

Would u think with a 58 CC chamber and zero deck height piston with .040 cometic gasket be optimal quench? Piston will be 9.5:1 run on E85 fuel.

I wouldn't worry about the quench too much. In theory it promotes a "better" mixture; however, the mixture trapped within the quench area is unable to combust.

Would u think with a 58 CC chamber and zero deck height piston with .040 cometic gasket be optimal quench? Piston will be 9.5:1 run on E85 fuel.

What is the CU In of the engine?? What Stroke? Your Compression seems off with a 58cc Head at 0 deck?

I'll have to ask my builder.. Today we just called CP to change my order from 11:1 to the boosted 9.5:1

As far as I have read and seen you will be fine at 9.5:1 on e85. If you need to you can run meth injection also.

Is this your 700HP Small Block Build?? You may need to think twice about using an 200R4 Tranmission cause your gunna be making some serious power!!
On another note, I ordered my Trans today. I went with a 727. Remember on the Boosted build you don't need a 4.10 gear. I will be running a 2.76 with a 28" Tall tire. Should go down the road 80MPH at 2650RPM.

As far as I have read and seen you will be fine at 9.5:1 on e85. If you need to you can run meth injection also.

Is this your 700HP Small Block Build?? You may need to think twice about using an 200R4 Tranmission cause your gunna be making some serious power!!
On another note, I ordered my Trans today. I went with a 727. Remember on the Boosted build you don't need a 4.10 gear. I will be running a 2.76 with a 28" Tall tire. Should go down the road 80MPH at 2650RPM.

yeah I just recently changed from my na to this pricey turbo build.. I've always wanted one so now is my chance... I'm gonna sell my 8.75 with 4.10 gears for a 9" or dana and most likely do 3.23 or 3.55.. 2's or a little small for me. I'm thinking of a 325/50 tire as well...the trans is now going to be either 727, glide, or t400..

I am running a 325/50/15 et street. I just did a calculator on it and with a 3.23 Gear and same tire you will be at 3100 RPM at 80MPH. 160 MPH which is close to the estimated Trap Speed in the 1/4 for me, RPM's would be 6200 RPM.......... Maybe I should rethink my gearing also.

I am running a 325/50/15 et street. I just did a calculator on it and with a 3.23 Gear and same tire you will be at 3100 RPM at 80MPH. 160 MPH which is close to the estimated Trap Speed in the 1/4 for me, RPM's would be 6200 RPM.......... Maybe I should rethink my gearing also.

I guess my concern is still with the 3.23 it being a dog on the street with my cyl head size.. I might be forced to go to a 3.55 and that 325/50.. Speaking of that size tire do you have any pics of it mounted under your car? Who well did it fill you tire well? I'm looking for a deep dished torque thrust II to match my fronts. I know your using a 9" correct? What offest did you use on ur 15x10" wheels?

Jason

I guess my concern is still with the 3.23 it being a dog on the street with my cyl head size.. I might be forced to go to a 3.55 and that 325/50.. Speaking of that size tire do you have any pics of it mounted under your car? Who well did it fill you tire well? I'm looking for a deep dished torque thrust II to match my fronts. I know your using a 9" correct? What offest did you use on ur 15x10" wheels?

Jason

I am going for a different look using Steelie 15x10's with a 5.5" Backspace.

There are a bunch of pictures here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101437

Yeah your so going to be a sleeper from hell for sure! lol.. I'm really undecided on what tranny and gears.. I'm really leaning towards the 3.55 but I'm torn between a 727, glide, or a TH400... these are all 1:1 final ratio not sure what the difference is between these fron 1-2-3 though.. which ever one is best for double duty street/strip is the one I'd like.. I know that I can get the 400 in there without any cutting.. I'm also not sure on the price to build on these trannys either.

-
Back