Turbo suggestion

-

stormydart

Reaction score
Got a 360 magnum .30 over with eddy heads forged pistons 9.5-1 compression. Not sure about cam shaft. Was looking at gt45 but not sure which one to get. Plan on street and strip mostly street. Was going to use blow thru carb. Thanks in advance

Try this place it’s the new VS Racing call and talk to Verin (probably misspelled that) he should be able to help you out VSRacing

500-550HP should be easy. I'm using the GT45 but I like the 7875 at VSRacing. They have a cast and a billet wheel model for a little more money.
Another factor to keep in mind is the weight. The GT45 is an awesome turbo for the price but weighs around 37 lbs. The 7875 is 22. Makes a big difference when building your hotside.

Last edited:
500-550HP should be easy. I'm using the GT45 but I like the 7875 at VSRacing. They have a cast and a billet wheel model for a little more money.
Another factor to keep in mind is the weight. The GT45 is an awesome turbo for the price but weighs around 37 lbs. The 7875 is 22. Makes a big difference when building your hotside.

Thanks. I will look into that turbo. I’m gonna use dakota manifolds what size hot size should I use. The outlet is 2” should I go 2” or up to 2.5.

2in from what I have read 2in will support 1k to 1200hp and you'll spool faster

My hot side is 2.5" but I've also heard what JDPdart posted. That 2-2.25" is fine. Would make fabrication a little easier with smaller pipes also.

I’m using a GT45 also. Works good for the price. Also using 2 1/4 piping for the hot side.

TIAL and Turbosmart make nice, high-end pieces but they are spendy. If you want to go budget VSRacing has affordable WGs and BOVs. I run a 60mm WG eBay special. It's been good to me so far.
VSR 50mm Wastegate

VS racing here also both wastegate and bov.
44 wastegate and 50 bov on the truck
Duster has twin 38mm ebay specials.

I bought turbos from on3performance, motor is almost done and will see how they do. From what I've read the turbos are pretty good.

starting to get parts ordered. I need an intake. What do you guys recommend for 360 magnum. Single or dual for turbo setup. Not much to choose from how’s the Indy manifold for magnum?

Single plane and yes there isn’t much to choose from. Keep an eye out for a M1 on eBay. They pop up every now and then

Its not ideal but guys have run the air gap intake with a 1" spacer and boost before.
In my (& others experience here) once you start putting a good +" squeeze on the intake charge the engine doesn't really give a poo what's on it : the quickest thing on the street I've ridden in was a '50's Sit up & beg Ford Pop (yeah the old gasser type) with a 6/71 Blown SBC 350 & guess what inlet manifold THAT ran ??? You guys will fall over laughing, but a with the top milled off STD Cast early 70's Chev SB 400 2bbl manifold with an adaptor plate bolted on: fair increasingly pinned you to the seat until the tears ran around the side of your face & telegraph poles literally DID turn into a picket fence.
I kid you not.
Didn't believe it myself until i lifted the 'glass 1 piece...
Trev.
STD CAST 2BBL 400ci SB OEM CHEV MANIFOLD (NO fuel distribution problems either)

rps20190302_203455.jpg

In my (& others experience here) once you start putting a good +" squeeze on the intake charge the engine doesn't really give a poo what's on it : the quickest thing on the street I've ridden in was a '50's Sit up & beg Ford Pop (yeah the old gasser type) with a 6/71 Blown SBC 350 & guess what inlet manifold THAT ran ??? You guys will fall over laughing, but a with the top milled off STD Cast early 70's Chev SB 400 2bbl manifold with an adaptor plate bolted on: fair increasingly pinned you to the seat until the tears ran around the side of your face & telegraph poles literally DID turn into a picket fence.
I kid you not.
Didn't believe it myself until i lifted the 'glass 1 piece...
Trev.
STD CAST 2BBL 400ci SB OEM CHEV MANIFOLD (NO fuel distribution problems either)

View attachment 1715309517

The spacer has the same effect as milling the divider, also helps to add plenum volume. And for the op's sake air gap manis for the magnum are fairly plentiful and cheap.

The spacer has the same effect as milling the divider, also helps to add plenum volume. And for the op's sake air gap manis for the magnum are fairly plentiful and cheap.
OK...(but not always) & nowhere in my quoted post was I directly referring to a spacer on an Air gap - maybe you read a misprint ??.
Cheers my friend.

-
Back