Turbo wagon

-
Those hats cause some really strange distribution problems. At least on 4bbl blow through stuff they do. Not sure what it’ll do on a 2 bbl
I think that some of the testing I saw on those (engine masters) showed that orientation of the hat played a factor into the issue also along with hat style.

I have no experience with carb turbo setups, all mine have been blow thru EFI setups that were port injected.

Cliff Ramsdell

I think that some of the testing I saw on those (engine masters) showed that orientation of the hat played a factor into the issue also along with hat style.

I have no experience with carb turbo setups, all mine have been blow thru EFI setups that were port injected.

Cliff Ramsdell
Yea turning the hat 45 degrees or so helps according to them (engine masters) and I’ve tried them oriented different ways, and it does help.
But never could get that divided hat to have decent distribution.

since its a 2bbl I'm guessing that divider is in the pipe to divert all the air to the correct side of that hat?
I would think that should help a ton with turbulence on a 2bbl application.
same hat is going on mine, distribution is a non issue for me as its a throttle body and multiport injection.

since its a 2bbl I'm guessing that divider is in the pipe to divert all the air to the correct side of that hat?
I would think that should help a ton with turbulence on a 2bbl application.
same hat is going on mine, distribution is a non issue for me as its a throttle body and multiport injection.
Yup, thats it. I think it should work pretty well.

The cold slowed me down a little, but I’m closer. Everything is welded (exhaust from firewall isn’t started) made some pipe brackets, put on new throttle and kickdown cables and new fuel line/filter.

B632D262-D26A-48FA-B8AD-997885817CAA.jpeg

9ADC37A4-C060-445E-A21E-4E4875EF9207.jpeg

39936B17-F289-4AF1-BFF9-88F1FB5DC606.jpeg

-
Back