Turbo'd con-rod preferences?

-
88mm is a lot of compressor for only a 650hp goal. A 78/75 would get there with way easier packaging and spool time. An s475 would be a smaller package as well and still have a large enough backside to make power up top. A stock stroke 360 will feel lazy on the street with a 88 in my opinion.
Well the reason I went with the 88mm is because a offered it up for $75 since he went bigger otherwise I hadn't planned on that big. But it's cheap and hardly used

I would throw those SIR rods right in the frickin garbage. I did a few dirt 360's for a local kid. First one was a 9 to 1 B mod engine. Used those rods to keep the Bob weight down. He broke a rod in that one. No valvetrain issues, definitely no oiling issues. It just flippin broke. He only turned the thing 6500.
Josh Kelderman?

88mm is a lot of compressor for only a 650hp goal. A 78/75 would get there with way easier packaging and spool time. An s475 would be a smaller package as well and still have a large enough backside to make power up top. A stock stroke 360 will feel lazy on the street with a 88 in my opinion.
Even a 78/75 is lazy on 360 inches. That’s a 8-900hp turbo. Turbos are like camshafts everyone wants a bigger one and is pissed when it disappoints them. An s475 (a real one) is a 6-750hp turbo and probably a good choice for a street, mild 360

unless it's already got one conrod in the grave I doubt anything will get hurt at 8psi
A healthy/running engine with 8psi stuck on and a bad tune up will destroy itself rather quickly. It’s all in the tune up.

Even a 78/75 is lazy on 360 inches. That’s a 8-900hp turbo. Turbos are like camshafts everyone wants a bigger one and is pissed when it disappoints them. An s475 (a real one) is a 6-750hp turbo and probably a good choice for a street, mild 360
Yup, the key to it is quick spool up. If it's too big, it's all for naught.

Yup, the key to it is quick spool up. If it's too big, it's all for naught.
Well, for the street yea, but if you’re trying to make 900hp you’re gonna need the 900hp turbo and you’re going to give up some response time to get there.

Well, for the street yea, but if you’re trying to make 900hp you’re gonna need the 900hp turbo and you’re going to give up some response time to get there.
Well that's a little different.

Looks like I'll just be smart and go will Molnar H-beams. Better safe than sorry, have zero issues with doing that route of H-beams just wanted input/user experience with the SIR rods. Ross Pistons + Molnar H-beams + Scat cast steel crank should be a reliable combo

Wait what was the problem with the rods again? I have a set of these in a 360 I thought they were pretty nice

-
Back