Turn signal cam

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
I just replaced the turn signal switch in 65 Dart. When I turn wheel it won't trigger the cancel cam, it's like it doesn't come close to tripping it. Pulled it apart put back on and doesn't appear to make contact. Everything else works, electrical is fine , contacted company ( Classic Body Parts) and waiting to hear back. Any one else have that problem with new signal switch's?

I just replaced the turn signal switch in 65 Dart. When I turn wheel it won't trigger the cancel cam, it's like it doesn't come close to tripping it. Pulled it apart put back on and doesn't appear to make contact. Everything else works, electrical is fine , contacted company ( Classic Body Parts) and waiting to hear back. Any one else have that problem with new signal switch's?

Every single one.... they all needed the ears manipulated. I use a match to heat the engineering plastic so it will move and stay.

I bought two kits (don't remember brand), both didn't function properly. I bought a factory used piece and replaced the whole thing, no issues since.

I tried matches that didn't work. I used my soldering gun, heated (and melted) plastic and squeezed tabs closer together. It appears to have worked and signal cam works both ways. Hopefully I didn't melt off to much plastic, but for now we're good. Thanks for the tip

-
Back