Turn Signal Cancel

-

Ryan Hoelzer

Reaction score
I'm guessing the steering wheel I have isn't the original. The cam canceler I have doesn't match up to the steering wheel. Trying to figure out if I need a different wheel or if there's a different cam that will work with this wheel.

2018-09-02 14.40.17.jpg

2018-09-02 14.40.39.jpg

You'll Probably have to find another wheel, as cancellers are hard to come by. I taking its for an early A.
While your at it put some grease on the components in your first pic, it will make the canceller work a lot smoother, and take stress off it. Do the same on the new wheel when you get it.
Dave

I don't see how that thing is going to cancel with that white plastic horn button extension in there. I don't think that part is used.

When you go to add the cancelling ring to your existing wheel you have to put something between it and the copper horn contact to keep them from touching. In the pic of the underside of your steering wheel you can see the grayish remnants of the factory material. I use silicone but almost anything non-metallic will work. If the cancelling ring touches the copper contact ring your horn will be "on" full time. Also the cancelling ring for your wood grain wheel is the same ring used on many two and three spoke painted plastic steering wheels used in '62-'69 "A" and some "B" bodies. Believe I have a cancelling ring if you still need it.

Good info from valiantpatrol. The canceling ring has to be clocked correctly also, so both signals turn off at the same time. If your looking at the backside of the wheel at the ring, the part of the ring that sticks out is at about 3 O-clock down from the wide centering spline on the wheel.

-
Back