Turn signal in dash won't work

-

169dart4y

Reaction score
The turn signals all work on the out side but the left turn signal does not light up in the dash cluster.
I have tried to switch the bulbs and switch the plastic plugs the bulbs go into. I also tried fine sand paper on the contact where the bulb twists into.
The car is a 69 dart . I hate driving down the freeway only to notice I have been driving with the blinker on for miles? Maybe I have the stereo to loud? I think a visual might help I'm getting old 47 . Ha Ha I noticed the others person asking about his blinkers and didn't want to steal his post . Thanks
IMG_1332.jpg

If they blinkers actually working and you have swapped bulbs and holders, maybe its the contact on the board itself?? If your right bulb works, swap it with the left and see what happens. If it still doesnt work, try swapping the flashers. Thats all I got other than a left-handed smoke.....good luck

In order to fix this, this is what you need to do.You need to loosen your instrument panel so that access the plug at the back of the instrument and operate the turn signals at the same time.You will need a test light.Operate the left turn signal,remove the bulb holder and take the test light - see if you have power at the left turn signal socket.Probaly not,now trace that circuit and see which pin it is at the back of the instrument .If you have power at the pin but not at turn signal socket then it is a break in the circuit board between the pin and socket.That can be repaired. If you are very carefully solder the break. Also another thing to look for is the circuit board at the pin itself. In my case, that is where my break was and I had to solder the circuit board and pin connection. If you have no power at pin you need to follow circuit and see where power has dropped off to left turn signal. Hopefully I have explained this so you can understand it as well as follow it. If you have further questions please let me know.

-
Back