Turn signal indicators inop on dash cluster

-

bmoparmofo

Reaction score
Hi working on the 67 Barracuda. Just installed a new wiring harnesses and new circuit boards on the cluster and all new bulbs. Everything seems to be working with the exception of the turn signal indicators inside the car the turn signals are working correctly outside the vehicle just no indication of them on the dash cluster. Any ideas? I've tried switching bulbs. Thanks for any help!

Hi working on the 67 Barracuda. Just installed a new wiring harnesses and new circuit boards on the cluster and all new bulbs. Everything seems to be working with the exception of the turn signal indicators inside the car the turn signals are working correctly outside the vehicle just no indication of them on the dash cluster. Any ideas? I've tried switching bulbs. Thanks for any help!

My first two moves would be to check the circuit board connector and the follow the wires from there until I found the disconnect (place where the power loss is)
It could very possibly be right at your column connector where the indicator wires tie in.

What trailbeast said!

Some connectors can have the terminals push out on insertion.

What trailbeast said!

Some connectors can have the terminals push out on insertion.
Thanks I'll check it out it just seemed weird that they were working both the front and back outside of the car... just not working on the indicators on the cluster.. I know the 3-pin is plugged in correctly on the circuit board.. I'll have to look around for the wires coming out of the column I guess

Thanks I'll check it out it just seemed weird that they were working both the front and back outside of the car... just not working on the indicators on the cluster.. I know the 3-pin is plugged in correctly on the circuit board.. I'll have to look around for the wires coming out of the column I guess

I should just be able to ground a test light and then probe the top wire on that three wire plug on the back of the cluster? In theory that should be the wire that sends power to the indicators on The cluster? I certainly hope the new circuit board is not defective...

My first two moves would be to check the circuit board connector and the follow the wires from there until I found the disconnect (place where the power loss is)
It could very possibly be right at your column connector where the indicator wires tie in.
Plus, check the bulbs. Never overlook the obvious.

"Just installed a new wiring harnesses and new circuit boards on the cluster and all new bulbs."
Does anyone know what color the wire would be coming out of the column that I should check? I tried looking to find the 3 pin connector on an online schematic but I actually don't see it. I know what should be the top wire on the three pin at the cluster. Trying to do it without pulling the cluster back out yet again...

-
Back