Turn That Crap Down!!!

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
Well I’m old. Last new song I liked was Machine Gun Blues. What the **** happened to music? Seriously! I never thought I’d be “That Guy”. And I’m a guitar player!

Most of the crap on the airwaves the last 10 years or more I just change the station or shut it off and listen to what's on my phone, guess I'm old too, there's the occasional new tune or artist that I like but few and far between.

The last new stuff I liked from anybody was Alice in Chains.

The last new stuff I liked from anybody was Alice in Chains.
I liked some Alice in Chains stuff, and Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold, and a few others. Can't stand Green Day, not much of a Rage Against the Machine fan either, but I can listen to a few tracks, almost all of the "new country" stuff plain sucks.

Last really good band for me was Foo Fighters. They really made Rock For All. Really hard not to like them. I find a song or 2 I like every so often, but nothing to where I’d check into the band

Anyone I would care to see in concert now is probably on a respirator…..

Last edited:
I liked some Alice in Chains stuff, and Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold, and a few others. Can't stand Green Day, not much of a Rage Against the Machine fan either, but I can listen to a few tracks, almost all of the "new country" stuff plain sucks.
I cannot STAND the stuff they're shovellin callin country these days.......I really like this guy though.....

Last really good band for me was Foo Fighters. They really made Rock For All. Really hard not to like them. I find a song or 2 I like every so often, but nothing to where I’d check into the band
I've always wondered what foo was and why we need to fight it.

You see, the problem you guys are having is that you are listening to FM radio. You are listening to a program. They are programming people through “radio” music. If you guys were really cool you would be listening to artists that aren’t on FM. There are tons of new artists (and old) that aren’t even heard of if the only platform you get your music from is FM radio.

I've always wondered what foo was and why we need to fight it.

FOO is what WWII pilots called UFO’s. Dave Grohl’s g-pa was a fighter pilot and stationed up in the Puget Sound area, which was and is a hotbed for FOO and UFO activity.

People called the fighter pilots that reported them FOO Fighters.

FOO is what WWII pilots called UFO’s. Fave Grohl’s g-pa was a fighter pilot and stationed up in the Puget Sound area, which was and is a hotbed for FOO and UFO activity.

Well hot damn now I know. Thanks. That's something I never knew. lol

FOO is what WWII pilots called UFO’s. Fave Grohl’s g-pa was a fighter pilot and stationed up in the Puget Sound area, which was and is a hotbed for FOO and UFO activity.

You really felt like you had to explain that? Lol! I thought I was an old man :rofl:

Two Canadian cowboys.

Last edited:

The Raconteurs and some guy named ¿Rocky Skiggs?

You see, the problem you guys are having is that you are listening to FM radio. You are listening to a program. They are programming people through “radio” music. If you guys were really cool you would be listening to artists that aren’t on FM. There are tons of new artists (and old) that aren’t even heard of if the only platform you get your music from is FM radio.
Even satellite radio plays much the same.

Even satellite radio plays much the same.

Find some artists you like and get on Spotify or IHeartRadio. They play your artists and other artist the tour with or are similar. I find a lot of new artists I like because they are played on the same “channel “ as the one I’m listening to.
Both are free apps.

Spotify user I is. I just flip through all the genres, pick the songs I favor, and that is all I hear. Every so often, I'll check to see what's new, and maybe add a few more. I listen to what's playing in the stores, and look those up as well. Almost 2,200 songs on the list, and hardly hear the same song twice.

-
Back