Twin Hood Scoops! What To Do?

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Santa was good to me this year, he brought me the twin hood scoops (with chrome trim) I asked him for.
Now do I paint them body color GY8 or black? Do I give my hood the 1970 Swinger 340 blackout treatment with black or body color scoops? Do I give my hood the Demon blackout treatment with black or body color scoops?
What would/did you do?
Any pictures would help me decide!!
(See attachment for pic of my car)
Thanks,
DartGTDan

FABO-2.jpg

as long as you have the black vynal top i think the blacked out hood with scoops (swinger 340) would be the way to go. it would set the gold off very well..

very nice car by the way. don't see many dart gt's in that year.... :thumbup:

Im doing my 71 with the black stripes and the scoops in black. you will still have some gold on the hood. should look great. you really have to go with what your heart says. because you have to live with it. no one else. good luck take care

I'd do the hood and scoops in black somewhere between flat and shinny to match vinal roof, JMO. You may even want to consider a go wing also.

Terry

Well, if your un-decided, you could get another complete hood, and try it with the blacked out hood, just the scoops, or even "body colored" scoops. That way, you could always put the original hood back on in between getting the scooped hood re-painted. Might even try a fiberglass hood in the end for a little "weight savings."
Nice color! :thumbup: I had a 73 340 Duster that color. Joe

:toothy7: I would not mess with them,to much trouble,just ship them to me and I will take them off your hands. PS I must have been a bad boy

demon seed said:
I'd do the hood and scoops in black somewhere between flat and shinny to match vinal roof, JMO. You may even want to consider a go wing also.

Terry

I agree with Demonseed,on the paint and go-wing.:blob:

-
Back