Twin turbo 5.7 hemi in a flatbottom boat

-
Too bad they let a nova slip into the back of this pic...
DCP_2592.JPG

otherwise, pretty neat. One of my dad's friends swears by Mopars for marine engines. The shape is perfect and they are unbeatable

to bad they are going to pop the stock bottom end running stock pistons with twin turbo's unless they are limiting them to 5-6 psi and at that point why do twins.

to bad they are going to pop the stock bottom end running stock pistons with twin turbo's unless they are limiting them to 5-6 psi and at that point why do twins.

That's part of the fun when you're ripping across the lake at 85mph...

That nova didn't just slip in, it's toting the front wheels to get in....Dean

oh good some people think these motors are bullet proof
I remember people saying the same thing back in '64 when the 273 LA series was introduced, '66 D-Dart first 13 second street car 1.2 H.P. per cubic inch Advertised @ 275 H.P. 501 solid lift cam, Doug Thorley headers, 10.5:1 compression, 4160 Holley w/ Edelbrock design manifold.
Building a motor to do what you want in the parameters of limitation always surprises the doubtful as well as the one with vision. Got to stay optimistic.

My point was it won't last long enough to get into the water they will destroy it tuning it.
You are correct, the stock pistons are awefull if this was a 6.1 hemi MAYBE it would live for awhile, they appeared to have it torn down, why not put some blower/turbo pistons in it while it is apart???

That's AWESOME!!! I've been wanting my dad to do that swap into one of his flatbottoms. Then he laughs because I said something about putting a "chrysler" in his boat... Old people...

I remember people saying the same thing back in '64 when the 273 LA series was introduced, '66 D-Dart first 13 second street car 1.2 H.P. per cubic inch Advertised @ 275 H.P. 501 solid lift cam, Doug Thorley headers, 10.5:1 compression, 4160 Holley w/ Edelbrock design manifold.
Building a motor to do what you want in the parameters of limitation always surprises the doubtful as well as the one with vision. Got to stay optimistic.
I've done this type of build on several "stock bottom ends" they don't like boost 8 psi is the max they will handle before crushing the ringlands with the slightest hint of detonation. I myself have built 3 of the highest HP 3rd gen's out there right now a piston is the minimum they should have done and Ross makes a killer stock bore piston for boost (helped them design it)

Hey John.
can you give more info and set ups on your 3 highest hp gen 3 hemis. I am building a 5.7 with 6.1 crank after market rods and pistons and putting on a 70 millimeter turbo. running it on e85 with a water/ meth injected.

06 magnum Inertia built 426 stroker with an f1 procharger making 1000hp at the crank with pump gas water/meth system

06 Charger PPP built 392 Stroker with a D1 Procharger making 838 at the tires with pump gas Water/meth system

07 CHarger with a Modern-muscle built 426 Stroker with a D1 Procharger making 735 at the tires Pump gas no meth

Hey John.
can you give more info and set ups on your 3 highest hp gen 3 hemis. I am building a 5.7 with 6.1 crank after market rods and pistons and putting on a 70 millimeter turbo. running it on e85 with a water/ meth injected.
Your set-up should lay down some good power too. I tried getting these guys to run E85 but non of them wanted to listen. That nice cool air charge would love tons of boost.

john,,,are you the same john that use to run a model A sedan 340 power and stand it on its bumper out at byron drag way ????

john,,,are you the same john that use to run a model A sedan 340 power and stand it on its bumper out at byron drag way ????
Nope Bit young for that I did however have a primer 70 Roadrunner with a B1 headed 440 that dragged the bumper at byron a few times.

kool,, ok just thoguht you may be the same john,,,guy had a giant garage some thing like 40x 30 im sure he is still arouind,,,has a older challenger,,,33 ply body was building with a 392 for the street and his model A 340 power would run in the high 9 second on shell pump gas,,

-
Back