Twister option code

-

titan

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to look at a '72 Duster that I may be buying this week-end that supposably is a Twister. does anyone know what option code should be on the fender tag to confirm it is indeed a twister? also, what all does the Twister package add to a base 340 Duster? Thanks for any help, Brian.

I thought the "Twister" package added 340 styling keys to a non 340 car.

I also don't think its an actual single code, I think its a combo of codes.

I'll look at my code sheets and see.

Valiant is right, its an apearance package, and is not on true 340 cars. I have an orig paint 72 twister, I will check the fender tag tonight and see what it says.

yea, I had always heard the Twisters were only low performance cars with the looks of the 340 cars.with that, can someone tell me then what the codes would be for the sharkstooth grill and 340 side stripes on the '72 Duster would be then? Thanks again Guys.

No code for the sharktooth off the fender tag... not sure if it's identified on the build. V6X V8X are the code for a black side and tail stripes. X is the color, or black, but they can be other colors W - white, etc.

A51 and ran with that code for a few years beginning in 1971.

Should have a sharktooth if it's a twister, it was standard equipment.

I think it is going to be "JUST" an H code 340 with side stripes and the sharkstooth grill and the owner thinks it is a Twister because of those items.we will see, I am leaving now to go look at it. wish me luck, and I will report what I find. Thanks again all, Brian.

-
Back