Not open for further replies.

rich_mc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I got these as part of a package deal for a truckload of parts I bought recently and have no need for them.

I'm not sure of the exact proper terminology for the 8-1/4" in regards to Sure Grip / True Lock / Posi. All I know on both of these is that when you spin the yoke one direction, both the axles rotate the same direction.

Big bolt pattern.

The black one was reported to me to be out of a 72 Dart. Spring perches are about 43" center to center and the distance from axle face to axle face is about 56-3/16".

The rustier one the guy I got them from didn't know what it was out of. It is about 44-1/2" center to center on the perches and axle face to axle face is about 59-1/2". Based on this chart, I suspect it came out of an F-Body. An accurate 8 3/4" rear axle width list

I have NOT opened the cases to check out what is inside as far as gear ratios.

I've never used them, but guys on here have talked about shipping with Fastenal. I do have a local branch here. If you want to get a quote for shipping, estimate 72" x 30" x 30" and 300#. You'd choose the branch in Elizabethtown, KY as the source. https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

Local pick-up preferred as I wouldn't have to build a crate that way.

Pricing - I'd have to build a crate for either of them and also drop off at Fastenal.
  • Black one (A-body) - $350 plus $100 for crate materials/dropoff plus shipping, so $450 + shipping
  • Rustier one (Assumed F-body) - $300 US plus $100 for crate materials/dropoff plus shipping, so $400 + shipping
Photos and video momentarily below.

Black one reported to be from 72 Dart.
20230416_130140.jpg

20230416_130649.jpg

20230416_130653.jpg

20230416_130657.jpg

20230416_130728.jpg

20230416_131039.jpg

20230416_131044.jpg

20230416_131054.jpg

20230416_131107.jpg

Videos to show both axles turn the same direction and they move freely with the help of my son.

Black A-Body

Rustier F Body

Videos to show both axles turn the same direction and they move freely with the help of my son.

Black A-Body

Rustier F Body

ummm... they will turn the same direction by the yoke. Or else you'd spin like a circus trick. Turn the axle and see if they both turn the same way

ummm... they will turn the same direction by the yoke. Or else you'd spin like a circus trick. Turn the axle and see if they both turn the same way

OK - The open diffs I messed with before would have the axles turn opposite directions when off the ground, though that may have been when spinning a wheel rather than the yoke.... Regardless, I just ran down to the garage and tried spinning from an axle instead, and the axles on both still spun the same direction as they did when spinning from the yoke. If anyone needs video proof of that, I can get one but probably not until Friday when my son is over again for a quality video. A poor quality one-handed video might be doable before Friday.

The wider one is a great swap for an A-Body if someone wants to run later wheels. It's what I am running right now.

Just like a 65-67 B-Body 8.75" only cheaper (and not as strong).

The wider one is a great swap for an A-Body if someone wants to run later wheels. It's what I am running right now.

Just like a 65-67 B-Body 8.75" only cheaper (and not as strong).

Agreed. It's a shame I came across this one after I'd just went through a bunch of $ and effort to rebuild an old B-Body 8-3/4 for my car to use modern wheels... If it weren't so much work, I'd install this one in my car and sell the 8-3/4 for a small fortune like they seem to go for....

Would you sell just the sure grip out of one of em?

I would for same price and if money was sent prior to tearing it apart- I wouldn't want to disassemble and then have a buyer change their mind. It would certainly save some money on shipping though.

@rich_mc , put me in line for that A-Body one please.

I’ll look into getting a quote from fastenal.

Sounds good. I'm not sure Fastenal does coast to coast and it looks like you're way out west... There is an R&L Carriers depot not too far away that I could drop it at if Fastenal doesn't work. Keep me posted.

Sounds good. I'm not sure Fastenal does coast to coast and it looks like you're way out west... There is an R&L Carriers depot not too far away that I could drop it at if Fastenal doesn't work. Keep me posted.
Hey there, correct, tried gettig a quote and it was no go for Fastenal. Let me check with R&L and if it falls through, I will have to pass onto the next person in line.

Hey there, correct, tried gettig a quote and it was no go for Fastenal. Let me check with R&L and if it falls through, I will have to pass onto the next person in line.

A terminal in Louisville KY area is fine even if not R&L - I just happen to have been to theirs before so knew where it is.

A terminal in Louisville KY area is fine even if not R&L - I just happen to have been to theirs before so knew where it is.
Looks like I will unfortunately have to pass. Would be cheaper to drive to KY and drive back than ship. :mad:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12.54.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 12.54.18 PM.png

Go to YRC website terminal to terminal get a quote. I just shipped a trans on a pallet, 250 lb, from SC to WA state. $178. You need his zip. Can you get it on a std 40 x 48 pallet?

Both are still available. YRC freight from KY to CA was quoted at $225, so I imagine either could get about anywhere in the US for that much or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back