Two different degree upper control arm bolts

-

Flyinbrian72duster

Dart and duster
Reaction score
In the process of rebuilding my front suspension on my 71 dart. Was gonna buy new cam bolts. On rock auto they list two different ones theres a 1.05 degree and a 2-1/4 degree. I take it the 1.05 is stock and the other is for more adjustment. I also am putting 17 inch wheels on it the reason I'm rebuilding the front end. Does anyone know wich one would be better thanks as always.

The one with more adjustment, obviously, as long as the slots in the frame brackets allow that much adjustment.

I don't actually think that's actually a difference in the cam bolts, I think it's a difference in how they're explaining it. As in, +/- 1.05° vs ~2.25° of total adjustment.

The factory bolts pretty much use the entire slot.

I don't actually think that's actually a difference in the cam bolts, I think it's a difference in how they're explaining it. As in, +/- 1.05° vs ~2.25° of total adjustment.

The factory bolts pretty much use the entire slot.
Yea I get that you get more adjustment the question is do I need it.

Yea I get that you get more adjustment the question is do I need it.

I don’t think you get what I’m saying. The bolts are identical. One is advertising the total adjustment, the other is giving it as a +/-, which means that number is half of the total adjustment- 1.05* in each direction. Same range of adjustment, different way of expressing it.

So just put the stock ones back in than
That is your only choice. You can install off-set upper control arm bushings to gain caster over what is offered by the original bushings but they still use the stock cams. Then there is aftermarket control arms too.

That is your only choice. You can install off-set upper control arm bushings to gain caster over what is offered by the original bushings but they still use the stock cams.
I get it now those bolts are the same just thrown off by the way they were advertised. I gotta stock rebuild kit that's going in it. Same as my duster and it's fine. Just thought those eccentrics were different that's all. Thanks for your guys help as always

-
Back