Two ground wires a under dash?

-

Metal bee 68

Reaction score
Putting together the dash on my 72 dart. I know of the short ground wire to the dash frame. But there is another ground wire about 12" long connected to the farthest steering column bolt closest to the fire wall. Not sure the other end should go???

On my Barracuda it goes from the steering column to the dash frame. It's not on the bolt near the firewall, it's on one closer to the wheel. But a 72 may be different. It is there to ground the column, because the bolts ride on the collapsing slider pieces and may not provide a good ground themselves.

On my Barracuda it goes from the steering column to the dash frame. It's not on the bolt near the firewall, it's on one closer to the wheel. But a 72 may be different. It is there to ground the column, because the bolts ride on the collapsing slider pieces and may not provide a good ground themselves.
Yes, the plastic slider bolt has one end of the ground strap. I don't the other end goes. The column already has the short ground from column to dash frame. Thanks!

-
Back