two projects, two styles. which one to do?

which project to build?

• Rambler Gasser!

Votes: 108 76.6%
  • Junkyard RX7!

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • crush em both and call it modern art

Votes: 19 13.5%

• Total voters
-
There is some, but all the 401 stuff is the big buck stuff and a 401 is what I would go for if I went AMC. and for the price of that 360, I could get a running Magnum out of the junkyard with whatever parts I cobble up from whatever car or truck. Magnum truck long block, LA timing cover, LA water pump, LA pulleys, electronic dizzy, thermoquad or whatever carb I find, and GM one wire. I'm not trying to shoot you down, AMC motors are cool, but the Magnum is gonna be the best deal I can get out there. Here's another thing that kinda deters my prospect of using an AMC motor is the fact that say that I am driving home from way the hell out of town, say 2.5 hours away from home, the water pump goes out. You are outta luck my friend. Parts availability for those engines is not great. I could walk into a local auto chain and ask for a water pump for a '74 LA 318 and be walking out the door, ask for an '72 AMC 401 water pump and you will get one of two answers "we can't get that" or alternatively "that has to ship from our warehouse way the hell out in nowheresville USA and will take 1-2 days to get here" The point is, I wanna drive the crap out of it.

Rambler all the way. They are, after all Mopars... and that thing's GOT to be light!

Just keep it real.... For all the work involved, a Mag 360 swap,low buck(cam and all) ,ran me about 7 bills,using stock heads(new cam,1110 Hughes springs& retainers,and gaskets.) You could shave 150:00 with an Oregon regrind . It's not cheap.

Just keep it real.... For all the work involved, a Mag 360 swap,low buck(cam and all) ,ran me about 7 bills,using stock heads(new cam,1110 Hughes springs& retainers,and gaskets.) You could shave 150:00 with an Oregon regrind . It's not cheap.
Yeah, unfortunately tax season sucked, but I plan on putting money away towards another project when I can:cheers:

Go get it.... American Motors unknown stuff,is affordable. The front suspension ,are suspectively expensive,(check a Moog book,run the part numbers...). Gonna get shot,in the ***... If your looking at Mazda's, why not a 79-93 lx mustang notchback? If you have no smog rules... The suspenson parts are cheap,and A mind stunner,when you open the hood.

Go get it.... American Motors unknown stuff,is affordable. The front suspension ,are suspectively expensive,(check a Moog book,run the part numbers...). Gonna get shot,in the ***... If your looking at Mazda's, why not a 79-93 lx mustang notchback? If you have no smog rules... The suspenson parts are cheap,and A mind stunner,when you open the hood.
That would be hilarious!! Throw a magnum in a Mustang. I'm sure my Ford friend would be quite unhappy with me LOL

-
Back