Two Questions

-

smi6983

Reaction score
Two questions that I have for ya'll. Is there anywhere on the internet to see how many early barracudas are still around? And the second question is....I was talking to my insurance company today about getting insurance for the barracuda and they told me that the major insurance companies aren't the best for classic cars because they would only pay book value instead of cash value. So I was wondering if you went with your regular insurance company or did you go with a specialized insurance company for classic cars?

I use hagerty for insurance , they even accepted my 1940 coupe that i just picked up ..and it is in need of resto. they do need photos , all 4 sides (ends ) and motor. i have had thm a few years now, and never been asked for mileage use or statments. I have four cars with them now , total is under 400 $ ..

I use Hagerty also. Been happy so far and the rates are reasonable. I haven't needed to use it either. One guy I know had a fire under the hood and they paid with no problems. Jeff

My 70 something year old mother looked into Haggerty insurance for her 80,000 mile 1978 Fiat X1/9 & they had restrictions about how she could use the car. They said only things like car shows, parades, special occasion type of things, plus trips for maintenance/repairs. Couldn't use it to go shopping, grocery store, run errands, etc. She lives in a town of about 1100 people & that's the kind of thing she wanted to use it for. If she drove it 50 miles to the nearest Wal Mart & something happened to it, I bet they'd be asking questions.

Correction...I got to thinking & I'm pretty sure it was Grundy we talked to, not Haggerty.

with classic car insurance you need to have a daily driver(they need the a copy of the insurance declaration), stored in a locked garage, and not used everyday. other than that you can drive it anywhere. i pay $540 a year for a 30k policy. i am gonna jump to grundy. they are cheaper.

Take a look at Amercian Nationals CHROME program...looks like a good deal!

Hmm, I was wondering about this too for my '70 Duster. It's my only car (and my first one) and I plan to use it for everything. But I don't want to have any problems insuring it because I am going to be restoring it down the road and its value is going to increase. My dad said I could tell them a price I want to insure it for, but he also said I have to watch out because more often than not they'll do their own research and give me as much as they see fit if I total it or mess something up.

-
Back