Two wonderful & productive days

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just had 2 very wonderful & productive days with my 17 year old grandson. Yesterday, I trailered his Dodge Caravan to his other grandfathers house because his mother is a piece of work. She charged him for insurance on it but would never let him drive it. I drove 2 1/2 hours to pick him & the van up & then we spent another 2 1/2 hours bring it down. He spent the night with his grandmother & I last night. This morning he & I went over to help a good friend of mine pull the engine & 4 speed out of his Duster so he could paint & detail the engine, engine bay, firewall & K member. We had a couple of mishaps, another friend had the cherry picker roll over his first 2 toes, & my buddy smashed his left index finger when the engine & transmission slipped setting it on the ground. Neither of the injuries were sever but I'm sure both will be hurting tomorrow. The grandson graduated last Wednesday & is talking about trying to get a job between both sets of grandparents until he either finds a welding school that he can get into, or he mentioned joining the Navy. He can be a productive young man, he only needs guidance & ground rules with both grandparents try very hard to give him without stifling him. All in all, I know I had a good time trying to mentor him & I'm pretty sure he enjoyed the 2 days also because when I took him home, he gave me a firm handshake, a big hug & said, "I love you Pop Pop".

Awesome. Sounds like great memories to me!

Yep, for me they will be. It's one of the first times we've been able to spend time together as just two guys.

I don't know about the staying young part, the 3 guys he was around today were 74, 73, & 70, he is 17 & trying to find his way in this world. LMAO

Im chore he will remeber this for the rest of his life,things like that makes life worth living

-
Back