Tyler wrecked the car last night

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
No no not the Dart. This turd was left at the body shop and the boss said it had to go to the scrap yard and get it out of there. Well.......... it came to my house and had to have a little fun with it first. Tyler and his brother decided to put it in the derby. The first night he came in 2nd. last night they had the nationals and he came in 2nd in his class but they banged him up pretty good. He may have one more derby left in it. After church we are going to unload it and fix it up as much as we can and see where we are at. Both rear rims are done. I am going to look for a Crown Vic or a Lincoln Continental for next year with some structural steel welded in. Last year he came in 1st place in all 3 of the races he ran. Pulled in 3 of the biggest trophies I have ever seen. And he done it in a little red Nissan. go figure.

Attachments

• DSC06581 (Copy).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC06582 (Copy).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC06583 (Copy).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC06584 (Copy).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 327
wow derby rules must be different in the USA, here your not allowed any reinforcement other then drivers side door bar, gas tank and battery have to be removed and all glass except windshield

last couple of years he ran figure 8 demolition. this year he ran oval track. He could have left the glass in. I didn't like that. So I made him take all the glass out. Battery is still in the original position and gas tank has to be in front of rear wheels. In the figure 8, that was all different. We ran a fuel cell and the battery was mounted behind the rear seat in the floor. You can has any structural steel that you want.

-
Back