U-Bolts

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am putting a set of SS springs in and need one more thing. Or should I say 4. The U-bolts. It's an 8 3/4 rear so I know it's a 3 inch axel tube. What length and diameter are the U-bolts? And where do you measure the length from?

Jack

I got mine at NAPA for $5 each. I purchased ones that were longer than needed and just cut the excess off.

Jack if you have a spring shop in your area they can make you up a set pretty quick. Usually the heavy duty truck spring shops also re-arc car springs and have lots of the u-bolts on hand. I had my springs re-arced and an extra leaf installed, and also picked up the required u-bolts and lock nuts at McCoy Brothers in Edmonton and I think the whole deal cost me $110 CDN. This was before the price of metal took the last big jump so..... Also, the replacement u-bolts normally don't have the flat spot in the inside arch like the original Mopar ones do.

Sid

Hi Coyote Jack

How is the old Duster progressing? Nice to see that your still at it. I will go see you someday your not far. Did you go to the street Machine National in Moncton this year? See you.

Robert

-
Back