u joints, recommendations

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I was looking in rock auto for u joints. Several brands on closeout. Then theres moog, which seems to have quality control problems with suspension parts, so i dont want to chance their joints, and theres also AC Delco. Not sure if their joints are some other brand, packaged as ACDelco, and your paying for the name.

Anybody try the neapco PDQ that are greasable thru 1 end cap?

How about non greasable joints?

Non greasable kinda bothers me not being able to add grease, the advantage to these though seems to be a stronger crosspoint.

Thanks in advance
Matt

I have solid 1350 joints in my race car. Can take them apart and grease them if you feel the need. Just depends on how much you plan to drive it, my solids should last many years 1/8th mile at a time. I would recommend neapco / spicer units with a zerk in a street car.

I have Spicer's solid small Mopar joints in my race car and they've worked great for many years now. For a street car, greasable Spicers would be my choice as well. Hopefully they have the fitting in a cap instead of the body, which make it stronger.

For any joints that have the fitting in the body, between the caps, make sure you install it so the driveshaft rotation is trying to compress where the fitting is.

I have solid 1350 joints in my race car. Can take them apart and grease them if you feel the need. Just depends on how much you plan to drive it, my solids should last many years 1/8th mile at a time. I would recommend neapco / spicer units with a zerk in a street car.

The neapco PDQ brand with the grease fitting in the cap is on wholesaler closeout through rockauto. Thought this would be much better than a grease fitting un the U joint in the body easy access.

Never heard of neapco PDQ. Are they U.S. made or China? What kind of quality?

BTW rock auto also has Spicers and they are about $20 each, the picture looks like the U joint body may be forged and not cast.

Spicer & Lakewood( when you find them...) best,I 've sold. Neapco is made all over... Fair OEM replacement piece,wouldn't use 'em on a serious horsepower car...

-
Back