UCA diffs?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
On a 73 a-body, is there a difference between UCA's for drum and disc brake setups? If I find a 73 with drums, can they be used for a disc brake swap into a 65 Valiant?

Last edited:
No difference disc or drum on the upper control arm or the lower ball joint 73 up.
Just compare upper ball joint to your 65. Should be visibly larger and the castle nut as well.

I should have asked the question, do I need to take the LCA as well, or will the existing LCA's on the 65 work?

LCA's are all the same from 1962 to 1976.
BALL Joints are different.
You will need lower ball joints from any of the 73-76 A body line of cars, for a disc brake swap.

You will need lower ball joints from any of the 73-76 A body line of cars, for a disc brake swap.

Unless there's a factory sway bar. In which case, the location of the sway bar end link tabs is different between the 67-72 and 73+ LCA's. Not sure if the 62-66 are different again from the 67-72.

Without the sway bar tabs they're all the same.

Unless there's a factory sway bar. In which case, the location of the sway bar end link tabs is different between the 67-72 and 73+ LCA's. Not sure if the 62-66 are different again from the 67-72.

Without the sway bar tabs they're all the same.

Ok, one more, are the ball joints the same for disc and drum cars assuming a >73 car?

-=C

-
Back