ugly brakelines

-

no1newb

Reaction score
may be kind of a weird topic, but i was hooking up my new proportioning valve the other day and didnt realize how hard it can be to do some brake lines. the two from the master cylinder to the valve are pretty nice, but the 3 going from that are terrible, if its not poring down tomorrow ill try and remember to take a picture. but does anyone else have any problem like this?

Yep...just removed mine yesterday...only one would come loose...so I just cut the rest as I am going to replace all lines including fuel...even the line wrenchs wouldnt budge them....

Cut them close as you can to the flare nut. Then put a socket on it. They will come out that way real easy. When I replaced all my lines I had a few that wouldn't budge even after I soaked thim in PB Blaster. Matter of fact they were starting to round the more I messed with them. Talked to a mechanic friend of mine. He told me this little trick, worked like a charm.

i wasnt even talking about rust or anything like that, i was just talking abuot how i always see peoples brake lines with perfect loops in them, but mine just look terrible. one loop is tight and my need to be replaced (might kink) and the other two are big and i probably should cut down.

-
Back