Unconventional First Gen Barracuda Stripes

-
Sounds like ur trying to sell ur car. I think the small bumpers on 67-8-9 barracudas look great painted body color .
Yeah , mines painted ! HARD TO FIND SOMEONE TO CHROME FIBERGLASS AROUND HERE IN BASS AKWARDS OKLA.
famous bob,

Not trying to "sell my car."

My question is why fiberglass bumpers? - street car or race car?
Have I seen your car on Street Outlaws? They are in OK I believe right. LOL! Not looking for trouble here, please dont call me out. as My 72 Demon cannot make the top 10 list. My 66 Barracuda will possibly never make the top 10.
Everyone has an opinion- just stating mine. I'm glad you like paint.
I think it has a proper place, older cars to me is not one of them. BUT if the bumpers are blended into the sheet metal properly then it looks good painted.
Okay i'm done.

I saw this look the other day and after looking at it for a bit, it sort of grew on me and thought I'd put it out there to see what others have done outside the box as far as striping goes. I saw another the other day which got me really thinking about it (vertical stripe on the rear quarter similar to the Dart but on just one side) but can't recall where I saw it. Looking for inspiration outside the purist look.View attachment 1715243116
I like it. If you're going restmod anyway, stick some cool paint on it too!!

I saw this look the other day and after looking at it for a bit, it sort of grew on me and thought I'd put it out there to see what others have done outside the box as far as striping goes. I saw another the other day which got me really thinking about it (vertical stripe on the rear quarter similar to the Dart but on just one side) but can't recall where I saw it. Looking for inspiration outside the purist look.View attachment 1715243116
I think the concept is ok, but the execution could be better. Running the red band so close/onto to the wheel opening lip wasn't a great choice. Personally, I would have rather seen it cross onto the door than try to jam it into the space on the fender behind the wheel lip.

View attachment 1715243152
I believe this type of stripe had (has?) something to do with road racing. Maybe a rookie driver or something like that.....Not my cup o' tea, but to each his own.

famous bob,

Not trying to "sell my car."

My question is why fiberglass bumpers? - street car or race car?
Have I seen your car on Street Outlaws? They are in OK I believe right. LOL! Not looking for trouble here, please dont call me out. as My 72 Demon cannot make the top 10 list. My 66 Barracuda will possibly never make the top 10.
Everyone has an opinion- just stating mine. I'm glad you like paint.
I think it has a proper place, older cars to me is not one of them. BUT if the bumpers are blended into the sheet metal properly then it looks good painted.
Okay i'm done.

Mine was a total flop on the dragstrip last weekend. Much as I dislike the way the outlaws talk and act,(haven`t watched them in over a year),
My stuff wouldn`t even be on the same road w/ theirs !
All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-
Back