under the dash pad

-

68/408

Reaction score
Have a 68 valiant. Not looking for the stock interior. Was wondering what dash would look like without upper and lower pads. Would the fastners that hold them on really be noticable if dash was sanded and painted. I know I will find out when removing but thought I would ask before. Thanks for any input!

On my 69 dart there is about ten square holes from the middle to the right side 2" x2"
So not sure that would be what you want

The upper pad has studs in it which go through small holes in the metal dash, except for each lower corner which uses a screw with a 'bolt' head. I believe the lower pads have the studs only.

Here are a couple of pics of a '68 with the upper pad removed. You can see the square holes mentioned above as well as the small holes used to bolt the pad on.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_6602 (Small).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6601 (Small).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 161
68/408 Interestingly enough I refurbished my dash in my 65 Barracuda and the dash MOBodyman posted looks surprisingly similar. I don't know if you can use a dash from a Valiant or Barracuda, early A Body, but there aren't the holes shown in those pictures. I am attaching a few pics of mine for you.
22ca3o.jpg

316ao10.jpg

jruwhw.jpg

27yon07.jpg

Just wanted to thank you guys for the input and the pic's. I am hopeing this fall when removing I will find the dash like the 65 Barracuda. Thanks again for your replies

-
Back