undercarpet

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
im installing new carpet soon would like to see what everyone else is doing to the floor. as far as protection from rust.

POR-15 paint works really good. I heard you can go right over rust with it! The Eastwood Automotive company also has a lot of great rust stoppers.

i have really clean floorpans i just want to protect them if necessary. i mean no rust at all just paint.

Welcome DARTLARRY!!!
What kind of dart do you have! Pics :thumbup:
We have a great crew here and a lot of fun so jump on in. :toothy7:

In my girlfriends 72 scamp we cleanned the floorpans, sraped all the old seamsealer out, put in new, Por 15, sound deadener and a new carpet.

:blackeye: thanks for the suggestions but i was trying to find something a bit cheaper than por 15 (did imention i was on a budget)

How about a wirewheel on a drill, clean everything real good, make sure that it's nice and dry then spray with a good (cheap) primer. That should help protect it for a while.
The Por 15 we used was the stuff in the small can I just had my girlfriend brush it on the floor, inside firewall, and any other spots that needed it. She used a 99 cent 1 1/5 inch brush and it worked great.
http://www.por-outlet.com/shop/index.php/cPath/24?osCsid=7358a53bf67489efb412aec121eb88ea

We got a pint of it and did the floor, inside of the firewall, inside of the roof, and spots in the trunk and I still have a little left.

thanks for the link i was under the assumption that it was more expensive. and also that it would take a gallon ar more to cover the floorpans. this may be the way i go thank you.

-
Back