undercoat topside floorpans?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
yep, driver, i've made my own floor pans, welded in, may be awhile before it gets carpet , gonna drive it. wondering about using bodyschult or bedliner to seal the inside (top side) of pans, i've already applied good coat of equipment enamel, but would like something more, i figure carpet will go on top of the bedliner type material no problem. ( sorry purist) if factory used undercoating on underside, maybe it would have been good to apply to top side too !???? i've used bodyschult years ago and its a great produst, someone stole my gun, wonder how the bedliner is a car works here?????

A friend of mine has used Armour Liner on several vehicles of his own and for customers. They make it in traditional Black or they have a clear version which can be tinted with a quart of single stage paint if you want a color matched version. He has it inside the tub on his CJ, and has done several cars for a local guy that he paints for and has had good luck with it.

thanks for the input! i guess if some purists read this they would poop in their toolbag. LOL ... looks good to me.
i have to wonder why!!???? people think when they pickup an undercoated car, they have to heat and scrap off the undercoating so they can then paint it!? i can understand doing it on a show car and untra highend rest on a rare car , but.......
and the after hauling it to a few shows, they want to drive it BUT its too nice to drive and too much $$ invested in it!??? LOL

I used a bedliner/undercoat mix in my Dart. Sure, it works great, but now I'm having second thoughts on if I ever need or want to take it off...

My advice? find something similar, but more of a paint-based product for easier removal if need be.

I use stuff called lizard skin on the floors in some of the race cars I have worked on it has a ceramic component to it which helps with the heat coming up through the floor. As far as I know it only comes in black but can be primed and painted if the black is to much for you. Just an idea but I really like the results

-
Back