Undercoating aerosol

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
Doing a hellcat swap in my 70 swinger. Looking for some affordable aerosol type or brush on undercoating material for wheel wells. Anyone have any budget friendly advice. No air currently and the nice stuff like raptor is just to pricy. Would love some feedback on products you have used and found satisfactory.

19FB4C03-CEA4-4744-8DC4-535BD531DF20.jpeg

Budget hellcat swap?? Aren't those terms mutually exclusive?

I've heard good things about SEM products. They have a number of undercoating, chip gaurd, and bed liner products available. Not sure if they're budget friendly though.

I used kleen-flo rubberized undercoating. It matched the factory undercoating pretty well

IMG_20220522_124853843.jpg

Cool project! I’ve used the aerosol stuff from Walmart with good results, the UV resistance was a little lacking, but that won’t be a concern for your application.Like anything else it’s all about the prep.

Budget hellcat swap?? Aren't those terms mutually exclusive?

I've heard good things about SEM products. They have a number of undercoating, chip gaurd, and bed liner products available. Not sure if they're budget friendly though.
It’s an easy recipe. 10k swinger and add 30k in parts and your done lol

I used Dupli color truck bed liner from spray cans on the rear fender wells on my P/U. I'm happy with the results.

Harbor Freight has spray can undercoating.

I've had good luck with SEM but it was for a shutz gun, so I'm not sure if their aerosol is the same or not. I know the OP was trying to save money on the "budget" hellcat swap but if you are going that far, rent or borrow a compressor and use Raptor. That is all I use anymore. You can get a factory texture but the stuff is totally impervious to chemicals.

-
Back