Undercoating Products

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
I am thinking about under coating my truck, it is only a few years old so it hasn't started to rust up yet. I thought It would be a good idea to undercoat it while it was still in good shape.

What is very one using for this type of job?

Not looking for a show quality job just something that will help the truck last a long time with out rusting out.

Thanks

I've heard of using the epoxy bed liners as an undercoat. I am going to use it on the floor pan of my old 66. I was told it did help strengthen the floor of a buddies Chevelle. Just roll it on although a spray might be easier 3M has some undercoating spray that is pretty durable. Kind of pricey but the cost of repairs could make that negligible.

i recommend using the rubberized type of undercoating - it sprays on and when dry it sticks as good as paint and won't dry out and crack in a year

I bought 2 cans of rust-oleum rubberized undercoating in 15 oz spray cans.
The stuff went on easy and covered in one coat, however it took a little over a can to cover my gas tank top and bottom and after a week it is still tacky to the touch.

It does look good, it is kinda glossy.

As soon as I bought my 2010 Avenger I removed each wheel and inner fender plastic cover, and sprayed the 3M spray-on undercoating in each fenderwell and then the floor from under the car. It was pricey, but I've done it to 3 vehicles now without any problems. Unfortunately I didn't do it on top of the rear frame under the rear bumper on the wifes 2006 Jeep Wrangler and now I will have to raise the body off the frame so I can sand and paint it in that area.

I thought about spraying rust encapsolator and then a good undercoating. It would be more time consuming and pricier but i thought it would be good to cure and rust that has started.

-
Back