Undercoating

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Do yall think that if I scrubbed the undercoating real well on the underside of my dart that it would hold paint? Is there anyone out there that makes a paint just for this? After getting restored parts on this thing the undercoating kind of looks like ****!

If you can get it clean you should be able to paint over it. Just re doing it black ?

What of it I decided to leave on mine I painted over with Rustoleum black. Looks good so far but time will tell.

Good enough for me. I think I'll see how clean I can get it. Adam, I'm thinking of just painting it the same color as the rear end. Spar Var Semi Flat Black.

I just powerwashed mine and resprayed it with a light coat of undercoating. I decideded it was better not to disturb 41 years of rust protection ona zero rust car. Looks good too although paint maybe a slight weight saver.

I just powerwashed mine and resprayed it with a light coat of undercoating. I decideded it was better not to disturb 41 years of rust protection ona zero rust car. Looks good too although paint maybe a slight weight saver.

Thats what Im going to do with the Dart. Clean it up and re spray it with some 3M rubberized under coating.

It comes in cans. Its also not as thick and heavy as the old stuff. Goes on real nice with a light texture.

you can buy paintable undercoating,,,its a bit more money but not too bad. As for repainting over a undercoated area thats been cleaned, wow,,that stuff is so hard to get off. Areas that are wide open , maybe, but inside corners and those half a million seems under there??Mine was undercoated from factory (or dealer) so I figered it will hide my $*itty welding lol

Just sand blasted under my front fenders and lightly over the undercoating.These cheap sandblasters are the ticket...! (check out pic's) Now I'm also will be using that spray rubberized undercoating over where it was before. Think I'll mask off area around where the suspension all hooks up and do it a different color. What do you think??Think It would look alright black??

duster 036 (Small).jpg

duster 038 (Small).jpg

-
Back