Unilug wheels - Do they fit the small bolt pattern?

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if unplug wheels like Cragar, Keystone, ... Will fit the small bolt pattern? Are these safe to use?

Daredevil X2.

Some of these wheels had a little inset piece that was reversed when going from GM to the rest of the world or back. If the lug got loose the little piece would fall out and the wheel could never be properly tightened.

These may be ok for a trailer queen or a something gently driven. I personally have no interest in using a Uni-lug wheel.

Guess I did all the no-no's. Back in the early 70's I ran ET uni-lugs,with adapters on my '72 Duster. At least 100,000 miles,and never had a problem. Still have the adapters. Guess I was just lucky.

people are still usin em,they are only bad if you don't use the proper hardware or don't torque them.....some boneheads can mess up anything so be careful not to let a bonehead attach the wheel's on your ride and you will be fine. i'm fitzin to try out a set of unilug torque thrusts...prolly on the waggin but not sure may put them on another project to liven up thing's,I'll let ya know if a wheel comes rolling by me......:toothy10:.....to answer the op's original question ...I have never seen them in small bolt pattern......they may exist I just haven't ever seen any

nope they are mopar big bolt/ ford 5X4 1/2" or G.M. 5X4 3/4"
they work fine with the correct log nuts though

I got a set of SBP unilug Cragars.

Are you sure they are unilug? All the SBP cragars I have ever seen or owned have been for 5on4" bolt pattern only. The lug holes were always round not a slot. Many years ago I tried bolting on a set of unilug cragars, but they would not fit. so I got the SBP ones.

Are you sure they are unilug? All the SBP cragars I have ever seen or owned have been for 5on4" bolt pattern only. The lug holes were always round not a slot. Many years ago I tried bolting on a set of unilug cragars, but they would not fit. so I got the SBP ones.

I thought they were. Will check when I get home but am pretty sure they are.

wow unilug 5X4" - 5X4 1/2" craigars would be GREAT then you could do a big bolt disk brake conversion and still only carry one spare!

Were from the show me state..............pic's are in order now that ya said that.......just sayin......:scratch:

Ya sure. When I get home I will get some. They fit on my 72 Demon so they have to be SBP. And I know it is a pain in the butt to put them on and get them centered because the lugs suck and flote around.

But then again I have been known to make mistakes:violent1:

I've got some Unilugs, don't know if I can use 'em yet, but I've been thinking of tossin' em on the drill/ mill and redrill the pattern "halfway between", then turn a decorator ring/ bezel to cover up the holes.

That would allow you to use "real" lug nuts and no washers

In fact I damn near bought some chibby Ansens awhile back to try this out on.

nope they are mopar big bolt/ ford 5X4 1/2" or G.M. 5X4 3/4"
they work fine with the correct log nuts though

Well I went out and looked last night. There not unilug after all. Just so much slop in the lugs I thought they were. Sorry all.

Not all bad though as now maybe I can sell them.:toothy7:

small bolt cragars......I have a few sets of em :love4:
Well I went out and looked last night. There not unilug after all. Just so much slop in the lugs I thought they were. Sorry all.

Not all bad though as now maybe I can sell them.:toothy7:

-
Back