Universal fan shroud for ‘73 26” core US Radiator

-

TRWRacing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Overflow connector on neck preventing the use of the stock original. I don’t want to cut the original from what I can tell before pulling it apart.

Anyone have a recommendation of a black universal shroud to work with the stock 7 blade 18” fan?

A thought... wondering what others have done. I was thinking if the MP one can be used?

B3565F53-9E04-43C7-BF1B-2BB0D7D8495D.png

TRW, did you ever come up with a solution? I am trying to find a shroud now for my project. Hard to tell by photos (especially without measurements) if something will work.

I bought one from a 90s dodge truck at pick & pull. I modified it to fit a 22” radiator. Also bought the 7 blade fan and clutch & pulley. Think I paid $30 for all of it. Just dumb luck it all fit.

I just modified the original shroud by enlarging the mounting holes with a dermel. I couldn’t find anything to fit the 26” 3-row that was not a cheap looking universal shroud.

I bought one from a 90s dodge truck at pick & pull. I modified it to fit a 22” radiator. Also bought the 7 blade fan and clutch & pulley. Think I paid $30 for all of it. Just dumb luck it all fit.

Do you have any pics on this ? Was it a Dakota or full size truck?

This is the only pic I can find right now. You need a shallow one that leaves the fan blade half way out. I don’t remember what truck it came off. They are also on some 80s V8 passenger cars.

E14A1180-5618-44D9-97EC-ECA0DD658ACA.jpeg

-
Back