Universal tube/fuel cell style 73/10 sending unit in new tank, auto meter fuel gauge

-

nick455440

Reaction score
Have tried a few after market sending units and gauge combos over the years with no luck. I have an auto meter pro comp fuel gauge and a new tank about to put in a 65 valiant. I picked up a fuel cell style universal 73/10 sending unit that I have made a flange for. Was going to weld some nuts on the back (will end up inside the tank). Cut a hole (in the new tank) to then weld the flange to, to be able to drop in from the top the after market sender. Will also cut a small hole in the trunk above where the sender will Stick out of the tank and make a cover for inside the trunk, posting a pic and should make sense the direction I am thinking about going…

IMG_5382.jpeg

My question/s before I go and cut a hole in a brand new tank, has anyone tried this or see any reason it would not work…. It may be a stupid question but once the flange (with the nuts welded on) are welded to the tank, would there be any danger is running stainless steel bolts down steel nuts that are inside a gas tank with gas in it??? Not trying to throw a match in the powder room….

-
Back