Unknown electrical component

-

tsweetman

Reaction score
Trying to clean up under hood wiring. Not sure what this is? I've looked all over service book and wiring diagram can't find it anywhere. Car starts and runs good with it unplugged. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

20240525_083204.jpg

Any part number/brand on the part? Oh, is this on a tractor, airplane or car? What year? Model?

Wires go into bundles so not really sure where they go without alot of tape and zip tie removal which is no big deal. Was looking to see if anybody knew what this is. I will tomorrow start tracing wires to see for sure where they go.

When you said unknown, I was expecting something really strange, I think doug 371 is right.
But I was hoping for something like this...

8678b27a-a249-4461-abca-2b878bdda4f5_266x400.jpg

Judging by the item next to it with a missing bolt, swapped engine and paint color, that item is added on to a 1967.

A starter relay has bolt on terminals. A horn relay doesn't have that many terminals.

Thanks everybody motor is from 1976 not sure what it came out of. It does egr on it above gray wire I just notice in Pic. Thanks Doug 371 now just wondering why and where those wires are going will update tomorrow.

After digging around 2 wires where connected to nothing 3rd wire was pigtailed into tranny safe switch. It's removed thanks again everybody and have a safe and enjoyable memorial day

-
Back