Unsilenced air cleaner

-

PostalBGraham

Reaction score
I am looking for an unsilenced air cleaner to put onto on my 340. I tried going through mopar.com, but all they did was direct me to local dealers. I called the local dealer, and was told that those air cleaners are no longer made. He was able to locate some of the chrome models across the nation, but no black ones. I've seen 2 black ones sell on ebay for over $200. My car is a driver, so it doesn't have to be in mint condition. I have the 340 decal that came off a friend's show car. Can anyone help me out with the rest?

I think summit racing has them,both chrome and black crinkle (page 255) if it's the right one.
Mike

Depends what style you want, there the pre 1970 style and then a 71' and 72' only style. The pre 70' mopar sold before I know its jsut round with no visable openings the 70 71' style looks like a duel snorkle with the snorkles knocked off they tend to be the more expensive ones

we need a unsilenced ac black wrinkle only one breather tube on it pre 70 same as the one in summit racing catalog thanks

yes it is the same as a 383 4 bl unsilenced type black wrinkle does anyone have one of these for sale thanks

Try calling Jeg's. When I bought mine I called Summit and after getting the MP Blk. valve covers and calling them they said they couldn't get the air cleaner....called Jeg's and no problem. Otherwise keep an eye on ebay. I got my second (and original one for around $50...even came with a really used air filter). Now both of my 340's are covered...just with I had a body around my second one!
Adam
'99 Ram 360
'99 PLYMOUTH Neon
'72 340 with out a home
'68 Barracuda 340 "S"
'56 Coronet

-
Back