Unusual picture of a 72 Demon

-

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
Found this picture on line but couldn't find any details about the picture.

tumblr_lyc7dxjwiD1qfwi17o1_500.jpg

That is unusual for sure. The reflection looks too good.

the reflection has a different angle which is right and the sun is in the right spot its definatly hitting the undercarriage.The suspension looks unsprung also.My guess is that they shot it with a high speed camera and saved that photo just before hitting the water.

I'm sure it was hanging from a cable on a crane and hung over the water for the photo, or it's photoshopped......

or it's been mapped on to an object that has been rendered with the water object and the background pic as a global ,ie ... it could all be fake and you can over analyze it all day but never tell the difference ,which is probably the case because there isn't a shadow to match the angle of the sunlight

or it's been mapped on to an object that has been rendered with the water object and the background pic as a global ,ie ... it could all be fake and you can over analyze it all day but never tell the difference ,which is probably the case because there isn't a shadow to match the angle of the sunlight
One reason I didnt go with the mirror photoshop is the water image has a full bumber visible and the car doesn't so its not just a mirror image like most shops.And the sunlight is hitting the bottom of the car which is pretty hard to do just to get a photoshop picture going.My other thought was it may be hanging from a cable and the cable photoshopped out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3dZl3yfGpc"]Camelot (it's only a model) - YouTube[/ame]

HAHAHA!

One reason I didnt go with the mirror photoshop is the water image has a full bumber visible and the car doesn't so its not just a mirror image like most shops.And the sunlight is hitting the bottom of the car which is pretty hard to do just to get a photoshop picture going.My other thought was it may be hanging from a cable and the cable photoshopped out.

I'm not talking about photoshop I'm talking about true 3d ray tracing ,in this case the car would be an object , the water would be an object with all the reflectivity , refraction etc... of real water and the background would be a global picture that would be treated by the computer as being the horizen wrapped around the other objects , the light appears global as opposed to point source as point source would create a shadow like the sun . Photoshop is a joke compared to true ray tracing .

I'm not talking about photoshop I'm talking about true 3d ray tracing ,in this case the car would be an object , the water would be an object with all the reflectivity , refraction etc... of real water and the background would be a global picture that would be treated by the computer as being the horizen wrapped around the other objects , the light appears global as opposed to point source as point source would create a shadow like the sun . Photoshop is a joke compared to true ray tracing .
I was useing the word photoshop loosely as any shop program but as I said before if this is shopped than they used two different angles of the car,which is possible but you can clearly see the front bumper in the water and not on the car and at the angle the picture was taken it fits with the image.Anything is possible with an editing program as they could have just raised the car put lights under it and took a few pictures then hacked away at it.
Check this guys work out simply amazing.My car is post 598
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29930&page=60

I taught myself 3d animation in the 90s and believe me the stuff you see today is a huge step backward from what is possible with the right software , editing is just that but creating photo realistic worlds in 3d space makes anything possible , I could in those days create a video of you having sex with a goat that would have you wondering "when did I do that " all that was lacking in those days was computing power ,it took hours -days to render 1 frame and at 30 frames a second a 1 minute anim {1800 frames }could take years to generate on a single computer ,but none the less a scene like this could take an hour to model and stage, and then could be rendered in minutes/ seconds today still a cool pic almost makes me want to play around with some of the old hobby again lol

maybe it was pulled out of the water and photographed hanging there......i want the mirror too.

-
Back