update for jrat dart/hemi

-

jimrat

Reaction score
Well thought it would never be green but finally got some of it green any way, hopfully on its wheels by june running this summer money permits. Well back to work long way to go, see ya.

GREEN DART 156.jpg

GREEN DART 153.jpg

GREEN DART 160.jpg

Looks good. What are you gonna do for wiring? New stuff, if so who are you going with? Sense im gonna be going with a polara dash, im gonna have to figure out my wiring. Once i got it figured out (gotta use dart and polara stuff), then i might have it all done up new, luckily i got the polaras wiring harness with the dash. keep us updated.

Dodgenut64 said:
Looks good. What are you gonna do for wiring? New stuff, if so who are you going with? Sense im gonna be going with a polara dash, im gonna have to figure out my wiring. Once i got it figured out (gotta use dart and polara stuff), then i might have it all done up new, luckily i got the polaras wiring harness with the dash. keep us updated.
Well I have the engine harness for hemi with pcm and orignal harness I plan to mate where needed as I am pretty good with wiring through late models. I am planing on using pcm I have and have street and performance reflash it for 500.00 dollars. Lots of fabrication like throttle cable for kick down on my 727 trans as drive by wire systems uses a throttle senser to open throttle plate. I also plan to weld in a sending unit in my original tank for a 1994 corvette fuel pump and use a fuel filter from 1999 vette as they have a built in regulator with return feed back to tank, the hemi has single feed you probably know. Money will limit me soon as Michigan seems to be dyeing as far as business goes anyway we need jobs bad. good luck jim

So the hemi doesnt need a return line back to the gas tank? I read that somewhere, but someone was telling me otherwise. I couldnt find a return outlet on the fuel rail of the mock up hemi i bought so i was thinking it didnt have one. Im just gonna go with the fly by wire pedal setup.

Thanks for the update . That dart looks great. :salute:
You have dun a great job on this car so keep on keeping and get that Hemi
in and lets see that dart stand up and take names. :headbang:

Hey jrat, i just stuck my hemi in my 64. Have you checked hood clearance yet with the truck hemi? Looking at mine with the hood off.......wow, gonna be close. I wont know for sure until i put my hood on. It looks like the plastic air intake might clear, but the top of the throttle body looks reeeealll close. Ill take pics soon

Dodgenut64 said:
Hey jrat, i just stuck my hemi in my 64. Have you checked hood clearance yet with the truck hemi? Looking at mine with the hood off.......wow, gonna be close. I wont know for sure until i put my hood on. It looks like the plastic air intake might clear, but the top of the throttle body looks reeeealll close. Ill take pics soon
yeah mine has lots of room thinking of building under hood scoops and inlets in front of hood going through it so all you see is inlets. front of hood has a center section that is angled downward one inlet per side. That will be my cold air intake system, just working on idea now. I see you got a 6.1 nice but to pricey for me, love the way that engine looks very clean. yes the vette filter has what you need return line, that way you can use most any pump that will meet your requirements. good luck keep us up dated.

jrat said:
yeah mine has lots of room thinking of building under hood scoops and inlets in front of hood going through it so all you see is inlets. front of hood has a center section that is angled downward one inlet per side. That will be my cold air intake system, just working on idea now. I see you got a 6.1 nice but to pricey for me, love the way that engine looks very clean. yes the vette filter has what you need return line, that way you can use most any pump that will meet your requirements. good luck keep us up dated.

:---) No man, i dont have a 6.1. At one pint i was considering a 6.1, it was my dream engine, but ive decided to go with a 5.7. When i was thinking about a 6.1, i cut and pasted one onto a pic of my enginebay and photo shopped it just to see what it would look like. If ya look close you can tell. The 6.1 is really waaay to much motor for my lil 64 dart convertible. Every time i told someone i was putting a 6.1 in my car they always asked me about a roll bar. I refuse to put a roll bar in my convertible, so my thinking changed (probably for the best) back to a 5.7. I bought a locked up 5.7 off ebay for a few hundred bucks so i could use it to trial fit things into my dart. It came out of a 04 ram, i tore it down to see what was locked up, it had two bokren rods and after getting it cleaned up at shop, looks like itll need to be bored abit to even be able to be used. Sense i want to stick with 5.7ltrs, im just gonna use it to mock up things, which is the reason i bought it. When im ready for a engine, im gonna just buy a new 5.7 from a dealer or S&P. Ive grown tolike the trucks intake, but while trial fitting the hemi into my enginebay i noticed its gonna be real close for hood clearance. The truck hemis throttle body sits high. :sad1: I wont know if its gonna clear until i put a hood on (later this week).
Sorry for the confussion on the 6.1 pic in my garage, i didnt even know that was still in there. I had to laugh when you said i had a 6.1, becuase i had fogotten about it. the 6.1 is nice, but i think ill be happy with the 5.7 in the long run. I plan on taking my car on some fun road trips (like the hot rod power tour) and the 5.7s better gas milage over the 6.1s will make those trips less costly. When i was thinking of a 6.1 i had these fantasies of hanging with new corvettes, now, i just want my car on the road. I still have a few years until my car is road worthy, but i dream about that day everday.

I got some interesting mods i want to do to my car that i think will give it a factory feel, which is what im shooting for now.

keep us updated on your car, its gonna be awsome.

-
Back