UPDATE on my 225 build

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Well I built my motor last year and during my tuning realized my intake centerline was off 8*. This weekend I finally got some garage time to install my 4* cam bushing. While in the timing set I found that my crank key was not fully capturing my crank gear. And that it had beaten the key over years of use which gave the gear a few degrees of slop further advancing the crank and creating more of a problem than I knew. Easy fix, we yanked the key and spun it 180* also pushing it further back to capture more of the gear. Don't ask how I didn't find this during the build or why it wasn't replaced at that time. :roll:
Engine all togther I decided to drop the tank and find out why I'm getting silt and going through fuel filters like candy. Welcome to AZ, found a desert oasis in there and that the sending unit filter sock was torn. Rather than just order the sock I went ahead and purchased a new SU to replace the original worn unit. Hope to get this bad boy purring over Christmas weekend (my Christmas to me lol), wish me luck.
,Cliff

dart-2.jpg

Good luck with your build man! I'm diggin the wheels.

Ya lol I've been on hiatus from the Dart. Been working on my gun collection and working all that overtime I had a while back. I'll have to get ahold of you when I get er runnin...

Ya lol I've been on hiatus from the Dart. Been working on my gun collection and working all that overtime I had a while back. I'll have to get ahold of you when I get er runnin...

for sure! maybe meet up at pavilions or something... the 4.88's are wicked lol

-
Back