update on my 426 stroker

-

Nat

Reaction score
got it apart measured everything and all was good no wear , the 23 cc pistons are out 13cc pistons weigh in at the same weight 599 grams no rebalance needed , 1st bit of luck in 3 years . a\so now compression should be up to 11.1 or so , now i just have to decide on a cam before i button it up last time it had 520 hp 560 tq with the ported air gap , whats the guess this time with the Victor new pistons and undecided cam . might run it with the same cam on the dyno just to see what the pistons and victor did

Seems like it must have peaked pretty early last time to start out with 560tq, and only end up with 520hp.

When the tq is noticeably higher than the hp, it usually means the combo doesn’t have enough flow/cam/header ....... one, or all three..... to some degree.

Seems like it must have peaked pretty early last time to start out with 560tq, and only end up with 520hp.

When the tq is noticeably higher than the hp, it usually means the combo doesn’t have enough flow/cam/header ....... one, or all three..... to some degree.
think the intake choked it headers are 2" tti heads are ported ede heads tq peaked at 4800 hp at 5900 and dropped like a rock
cam
lobe lift in 0.377 ex0.377
valve lift 1.6 rocker in0.603 ex 0.603

duration @050 242.6 246.6

lobe separation106 centerline 102

I'd be looking at something low-mid 260's with .650-60" lift if it were mine.

I'd be looking at something low-mid 260's with .650-60" lift if it were mine.
i'm lookin for a smaller cam , no longer race the car just a daily driver that is reliable and fun to drive . might take it to the track once just to see what it can do

i'm lookin for a smaller cam , no longer race the car just a daily driver that is reliable and fun to drive . might take it to the track once just to see what it can do

What was the compression before you changed the pistons to raise it?

Nat, btw....where do you race your car? I´d like to come to Drachten one day with mine.

Michael

What was the compression before you changed the pistons to raise it?
compression was around 10.6 with the 23cc dish pistons should be 11.something with new 13cc dish pistons . i

Nat, btw....where do you race your car? I´d like to come to Drachten one day with mine.

Michael
sorry ,not going to happen car was shipped out 2 months ago and i'll be following in 3 or 4 months

-
Back