Updated pics of chassis work and Engine update****

-

Aquick408

Reaction score
Spent last weekend at the BGR camp working on the race car a little bit. We also discussed what we will be doing with my engine since the old short block is in need of either being taken .040 over and getting new pistons or making another change. We decided that we would like to get another 360 block and go 30 over and all the necessary machine work to reuse my 408 rotating assembly. The most drastic change will be that the old Edelbrock heads that have been so good to me will be set aside and a new set of CNC ported Indy 360-1's will be installed along with intake and 1050 dominator. The hopes are to go from 9.60's to 9.20's. Enjoy the pics and feel free to comment.
carupdates109.jpg

carupdates111.jpg

carupdates113.jpg

carupdates115.jpg

carupdates116.jpg

carupdates117.jpg

carupdates119.jpg

carupdates120.jpg

carupdates124.jpg

carupdates126.jpg

What caused the first one to go?

If you are asking about the heads, they are still usable but it appears as though the rockers were not clearanced enough to not hit the the spring retainer and it has taken out the valve guides. There would be a lot of repair necessary with welding to press new guides in and not leak. At this point it was decided to drop the coin on the Indys which I have wanted any way as I was power limited with the edelbrocks. If you are talking about the engine....it has had to many rering and hones and the piston to wall clearance is just too much for another re ring. Nothing more than normal abuse and running a small block on the ragged edge for 1000's of passes.

-
Back