updated pics of my junkyard dog

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
well some of you guys asked me to keep updating you with pics of the progress with the 73 Dart Sport my son drug out of the field that had been sitting for 20+ years and was a parts donor for who knows. It is starting to look like a car.This car was stripped. we are just wanting to get all the pieces back on this thing before we tear it all down and restore it so these pics are not of a restored car. He wants to drive it during some of the process. This week we put in a new headliner, new shifter, all the interior pieces you see, new carpet,some of the dash,rear view mirror, and started on the surface rust on the roof, and put the bucket seats in. They are going to be redone sometime in the future. Seat covers will work for now. Tomorrow after church we are going to finish sanding the roof, apply a 2 part epoxy primer, shoot some color and clear coat on it. I am going to need some small pieces to finish the interior so I will be posting them in the wanted section. Thanks to all of you who have helped selling me parts, giving me parts and helping us with wiring and other problems that has occured. It means a lot to us.

Attachments

• DSC03802 (Copy).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC03803 (Copy).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC03804 (Copy).JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC03805 (Copy).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC03808 (Copy).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC03807 (Copy).JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC03809 (Copy).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC03811 (Copy).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC03812 (Copy).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC03814 (Copy).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 254
ok..what was the drop on that shifter. I couldnt find the space to install mine through the floor so I had to make a shifter box for it. It has a 2 inch drop from bracket to the bottom of the lever

didnt measure it. I know it was close though. I just put that cheap shifter in it to get the car moveable from the driveway into the garage. I am getting too old to be pushing it in and out of the garage everytime I want to work on it. My Duster stays in the garage. We will be putting a 340/4Sp. in it when we get it built.

didnt measure it. I know it was close though. I just put that cheap shifter in it to get the car moveable from the driveway into the garage. I am getting too old to be pushing it in and out of the garage everytime I want to work on it. My Duster stays in the garage. We will be putting a 340/4Sp. in it when we get it built.

ah ok. I went with the B&M unimatic for mine. theres like 0 room for that shifter to fit in the tunnel without extensive mods. and B&M didnt mention in the sales ad that chrysler applications are recommended to use the 6ft cable.

I see I have spots on my camera lens. Should have covered it up while I was working in the garage today.

thanks,R4. I just bought a pair of 4" speakers and mounted them in the space there for them. cut a hole in the headliner.

-
Back