Updates for electric water pump installs?

-

blufie

Cuda Affecianado
Reaction score
I have searched for this info but not much here...

Has anyone used the Meziere or CSR small block electrical pumps and if so did you use/create cconnections for the bypass hose and/or heater core connections? There are only two ports on these pumps... Both intended to accept the inlet hose from the radiator (left or right side) but with a cap provided for whichever side you don't use. This leaves the bypass hose from s/b manifolds no where to attach and no port as well for heater core conx. There is no info on either CSR/Meziere website, or tech articles that suggests what to do here.

I believe that the bypass hose was intended to circulate block water prior to the thermostat opening and I think it could be eliminated as long as there was no block-off in the heater hose loop. Either or both of these connections could probably be routed to the pump inlet not occupied by the radiator feed but a second opinion (or two) on doing this would be helpful.

There was a post about this in 2007 that went unanswered, so hopefully there is someone who has used one of these since then and can provide some 1st hand experience.

Thanks.

There should be no problem if you eliminate both the heater and the bypass. As I understand it the by pass allows the water to heat up in the block faster and is directly related to the heater working faster. Not sure if you can make the heater work in this situation.

I have not had an electric pump but ran an Indy intake with no bypass or heater with no problem.

-
Back