Upgrading Tie Rods

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
I've been searching for information regarding swapping to the 11/16 C body tie rod ends and sleeves. Has anyone on here done the swap, and what part numbers did you use. I have read a lot about the sleeves being way too long. I'm looking into doing it on my '65 Dart.

Not sure about the c-body stuff,but Just Suspension has got to have the trickest/heavy duty front end parts I have seen.

Just saw there merchandise at the spring fling.Trick stuff for early and late A-bodies.

I just installed them on my 72 demon. They fit like they should and look great! They are alot lighter also because of the sleeves. They were from just suspension.

I've been searching for information regarding swapping to the 11/16 C body tie rod ends and sleeves. Has anyone on here done the swap, and what part numbers did you use. I have read a lot about the sleeves being way too long. I'm looking into doing it on my '65 Dart.

The center adjusting sleeves are the same length, 8". I have measurd them myself and seen them side by side. 1973 Plymouth Gran Fury (considered to be a C body) and 1971 Dodge Dart (A body) side by side. The difference was in the diameter of the threaded part of the tie rod and the diameter of the center sleeve section, c bodies are 11/16th of an inch and A bodies are 9/16ths of an inch. The tappered part of the ball and socket end of the tie rod, which fits into the tapered hole of the steering knuckle, is the same size and will fit into your existing steering knuckle just fine. So if you have the center sleeves from an old C body then just pick up new tie rod ends for a C body (your pick of year, but you can tell the parts person "for a 73 Plymouth Grand Fury" just to be certain).

Or of course if you have a full set already, that you do not think is to worn out, you could surley use them as is. Personaly when it comes to tie rod ends, for the cost, I just replace them rather than re-use a part I am not certain of.

Wow the price difference is $100 at Napa

Wish I would have know this before I got my kit from ESPO. Maybe they will let me send back some of the parts for exchange and I can get the C-body stuff. Although I don't know if I would notice any difference for street driving.:read2:

1966 A-Body
NCP 2692119 Tie Rod End - Inner
$52.29 ea /$104.58
NCP 2692120 Tie Rod End - Outer
$52.29 ea /$104.58
NCP 2691102 Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve - Front Suspension
$18.89 ea /$37.78
Sub Total: $246.94
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1975 C-body
NCP 2692171 Tie Rod End - Inner
$26.89 ea /$53.78