upper control arm bushing removal

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I made a bushing removal tool based on another member's thread. It looked to me that it was starting to bend the control arm. I immediately stopped so I wouldn't damage the arm. It returned to its original shape. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

I use an air chisel and fold the outer sleeve in on itself and they usually almost fall out then.

Can you link to the tool you're using? I can't imagine the control arm bending from the usual bolt/washers/socket tool.

They are in there really tight.

That tool Jomoper came up with in hemix's post works well.

Hemi, have a question for you. On the miller tool, is the standoff tube relieved on one side a bit? Looked like it in the photo, Thanks

[QUOTE

Hemi, have a question for you. On the miller tool, is the standoff tube relieved on one side a bit? Looked like it in the photo, Thanks[/QUOTE]

Crackedback
Pretty sure i know what your asking.
Ya, there is a "notch" in the receiving tube that allows it to fit between the bushing lip, and the control arm itself, when pressing out the old, worn out, deteriorated, bushings.
Jim V.

Use the one like Jomoper made. You really don't want to use anything/force that "spreads" the two ends apart. Need to isolate the energy to the one arm.

Yes, Hemi, that's what I was asking about, the relief cut/notch on the receiving tube. Thank you.

-
Back