Upper control arm squeak

-

oldkoot

Reaction score
The noise drives me crazy, it creaks and squeaks even just sitting in the car. Looks like the prior owner put in polyurethane bushings. I lubed them once but the noise returns. Suggestions??

Are you sure its the uppers? Sprayed mine several times only to find out it was the lower, under pressure because the strut rods aren't right. Mine are poly bushing also.

I'll never have anything poly on my car ...maybe the bump stops... heck if I put rubber contol arm bushings in my car right now they will last what 30 years?

I know poly is for handling and it's all that. Sorry I'm not sold.

Have you tried heating them with a propane torch to loosing the poly up? I saw something one time about that but not sure ??? anyone ever heard of that ???

It's not hard to drill the upper arms for grease fittings. Give mine a shot once a week and no problems so far.

The noise drives me crazy, it creaks and squeaks even just sitting in the car. Looks like the prior owner put in polyurethane bushings. I lubed them once but the noise returns. Suggestions??

I have rubber up front everywhere. Poly only in the rear leaf bushings.

Your local building supplier will carry plumbers grease, which plumbers use to lube poly components in valves and fittings. That's what I used or I read somewhere that synthetic disc brake grease works well also but never tried it.

Jim

Get the DEL-A-LUM bushings from GLOBAL WEST, or YEAR ONE.

No "cathouse creaking-squeaking" or deflection,

plus they are "free" to actually

work, w/o binding!! -------------- 8)

Get the DEL-A-LUM bushings from GLOBAL WEST, or YEAR ONE.

No "cathouse creaking-squeaking" or deflection,

plus they are "free" to actually

work, w/o binding!! -------------- 8)

Those look like they would work real well. I like the way those are made.

-
Back